Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship
Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship for Asia Pacific Students in USA Microsoft supports excellent research by inviting exceptional candidates to apply for the PhD Scholarships for the 2022/2023 academic year. The Microsoft Research Asia Research Fellowship Program identifies the next generation of research leaders through a unique program that offers a combination of mentoring, research, networking and academic opportunities for promising young candidates.
Microsoft Research offers a dynamic environment for research careers with a network of world-class research labs led by world-renowned scientists and research engineers. Its researchers and engineers strive to innovate across a wide range of scientific and engineering disciplines to help solve complex challenges in various fields, including computer science. , health, economy and environment. At Microsoft Research, they accelerate scientific discovery and technological innovation to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. They bring together the best minds from all disciplines and backgrounds to address the most pressing research challenges for Microsoft and society.
The Microsoft Research Asia Scholarship Program offers some of the most competitive incentives and rewards in the industry, including: $10,000 cash awards that can be used to support research initiatives and academic endeavors. And also participation in international research conferences/events and subsidize paper and patent filing fees but not limited to it. Opportunity for intensive, individualized mentoring programs with a dedicated Principal Investigator to facilitate the grantee’s research to completion. Opportunity to attend the Microsoft Research Asia Academic Conference. Other consultants may be invited to participate in joint research projects and academic exchanges.
See Also: The Humphrey Fellowship Program, USA
University or organization: Microsoft
Course level: Fellowship
Number of Awards: various
Access Type: Online
Nationality: Asia Pacific
Those Qualified For the Scholarship
- Applicants from China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore or Taiwan will be accepted.
- Applicants can only apply for Computational Biology and Life Sciences, Computational Physics, Computational Sustainability, Computational Chemistry, and Materials Science in the Fellowship.
- Applicants must attend a university in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore or Taiwan
- Applicant must conducting research related to computer topics relevant to them for Microsoft Research.
- According to the definition of the standard term of the doctoral programs of the university and region, the applicant must obtain a doctorate in 2024 or later.
- Where appropriate, supporting documents will be requested from applicants and their supervisors.
- Applicant must include Resume Research Statement This statement (approximately 1,000 words) provides a summary of your research achievements and current work, and highlights your most outstanding contribution to science.
- Applicant must discuss the future direction and potential of their work, especially their research plan for the next PhD years.
- Applicant must provide at least two letters of reference from recognized scientists who are familiar with their research.
- A letter of this should come from the applicant adviser. Scanned copies of signed letters of recommendation should be emailed directly by referrers.
- Applicants must have a previous degree with notable results.
- If English is not the applicant first language, the applicant will need to provide evidence of their English proficiency: IELTS, TOEFL or other acceptable evidence.